8.12.2017

Riel Kahan

I got in contact with Kaserne Dossin Museum who contacted me to ask if I had a picture of Josef Kahan for their "Give them a name" wall of honour. Unfortunatelly I don't. However this gave the opportunity to gather much information from the Museum scientific department, mainly picture scans and document scans. I will never thank them enough. I am glad this contact was made thanks to this blog. I will from now on tag all posts with thxdossinM when the information I share is thanks to their database.

So one of the documents received is the scan of the original registration document into the Jodenregister for those family members that lived under same roof as Eisik Hersch and Sura. In there a new person is listed which I did not notice back in any other document :

Riel Kahan :

The document provides following data besides the name ;
Riel is a female ("f") born on May 1st 1919. She is salesperson in a bakery, and provides the names of her parents ( Eisik Hers and Sura ) and grandparents on father's side ; Jacob Kahan (born 1866) and Hani Rozenberg (born 1867).

Also provided by the Museum is the registry of Eisik Hers in the Jewish association in 1940 ( this was the first step in the German process of listing all the Jews ).
So here we can see Riel is listed. However no trace from Serena .



I also have this paper :
this is a demand for admission of  Sura to the Jodenregister. It is signed by Riel.

My best assumption to date is that Riel is the person known to me as Régine. Régine is Avram's sister who also survived the war. She emigrated later to Israël with her children.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire