12.29.2013

Boy with hat is Herman Rozenfeld

In this post I mentionned the picture of an unknown young boy with hat.



By going through my pictures again (the real ones, not the scans) my eyes accidently fell on the back side of this picture and this is what it showed : a name, a place and a date  !

Rozenfeld Herman
20.6.1930
Làprùs (?)
Fotoatelier  KABAT - Sighet
Emleg (?)


So what does this backside reveal ?

I take for granted that the name is that one of the boy on the picture and the date is the date the picture was taken. I allso assume that 930 is a "1930" of which the 1 has either not been written or has dissapeared over time.

Some research on the internet on "Emlèg" or "Laprùs" did not reveal anything.

I guess the combination of this first and last name will not make it easy to trace back to this young man or his descendants.

I guess there is some relation between Herman and Eisik or Sura, otherwise the picture would not be amidst all this family documents. Note that in 1930 both Eisik and Sura and their children were all living in Antwerpen, the question remains (if the above assumptions are right) how a picture taken in Romania in 1930 ended up in Antwerp in 1942. These links could be ;
  • family in law
  • neighbours in Antwerp
  • relationship from Romania time
  • ...
 I searched Yad Vashem database of holocaust victims but did not find a Herman Rozenfeld from Antwerp. UPDATE 11.2015 : Found this Yad Vashem record when not specifying Antwerp. Does not specify age, just originate from Romania which could be the link with my family. I send the picture above to the museum as it might be linked. The record of Yad Vashem has been submitted in 1999 by Rene Kenoshi (or Rene Kenosi).

If anyone recognizes himself/herself as direct or indirect descendant of Herman Rozenfeld, I will gladly hand over this picture.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire